Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tubes It Is!

Our appointment with the ENT today was great - very informative and decisive, just like we were hoping! Sophia will be getting a set of ear tubes with her new lip on Monday. The very kind doctor is making himself available at our 10am surgery time and will pop in for the 5 minutes necessary to place tubes in her ear drums. He said that one of the biggest deals with putting tubes in is having to put the child under general anaesthesia and sinse she's already going to be under, he thought we may as well.

On a happy note, Sophia is happier today than yesterday. The 3rd antibiotic, Vantin, may be helping, at least to a degree. Vantin also doesn't taste as bad as we had heard, and it smells like a vanilla shake. She's a pro at this medicine taking thing by now! Oh, and most importantly, she slept all night last night! Hallelujah!

I, on the other hand, didn't sleep very well as I am coming down with a cold. Hmmmm, I wonder where I got these germs? Too many snotty, slobbery baby kisses! How could I possibly turn them down? Sophia even gave daddy a kiss this morning. It was wonderful.

I thought I'd include some photos of the girl. She's enjoying her time on her feet more and more these days. "Look Mom, no hands!" I'm putting bets that she'll be walking by May 4, her 16 month birthday. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. She is soooo adorable! We will be praying for her on surgery day! I think your past few weeks have been harder than ours...with all of the ear infections...etc... I am sure that you are all handing it with humor!! I wish we could stop in for a visit! :-) We think of you often!
    Hugs from Annabelle to Lauren!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete