Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Second Day, Same as the First

At one point this afternoon, I cracked a bit. My sinuses were pounding, the girl in my arms was fussing and burning up again, Marcus was chattering away, Lauren was singing something (as she always seems to be doing), we were all sitting at the table for supper, and I just couldn't figure out what to do or how to feel! It was just too much! Tears, tears, tears...

I'm OK now. Everything is still pretty overwhelming, but all 3 kids are in bed, I'm headed there, and I know that this too shall pass.

Here's what today was: We thought the fever was down (like to the reasonable 101-102 range), but it popped back up to nearly 104 in the afternoon. Sophia was kind of miserable all day, didn't eat much, and woke up 4 times last night. I still feel rotten, especially in my sinuses.

The sugeon believes that Sophia is fighting off a virus of some kind and would have this fever if she had surgery on Monday or not. We haven't been to see a doctor yet about the fever. If it doesn't come down tomorrow, we will see the pediatrician soon.

Meanwhile, I was blessed by some great friends! Cheri brought spaghetti pie tonight and Layne brought a pizza yesterday. Mary Beth ran to the store for milk and ibuprofen this morning and Lynda came over with lunch for us and stayed to clean up my kitchen and vacuum my living room! Buffy and Janice called too, wanting to help me! I do feel loved. I also feel like I would have been in a much worse place this afternoon if I hadn't been loved so well. Thank you friends!

Please pray for us! Pray that I would have hope and joy in the midst of junk. Pray for healing.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kim. Call me sometime. I miss you! I so enjoy Stacy's blog, but it's not the same as talking to you!

    ReplyDelete