Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not the greatest 24 hours

Since I last posted, we have been busy. I must be brief as my eyes are mere slits and I can hear my bed hollering from the other room, "Get in here Stephanie!"

Last night she was up at 11, 1, 4, and 5. At 5, she seemed warm, so I took her temp and it was 102.6 under her arm. Not good. We were told she might get a fever, but nothing over 101.5. If it was higher, we were supposed to call. Dr. Sadove got back to us pretty quickly and wasn't worried. He told us we were doing all the right things and not to worry about it too much. Tylenol and love...

So, I've been up with her since 5. Since then she spiked to 103.8 and 103.6 at 2 different times today. Tylenol wasn't cutting it, so the Doc said we could use Ibuprofen (usually a no-no after surgery because of the blood thinning qualities).

We were advised by our pediatrician and the immediate care nurse to take her to the emergency room, but Dr. Sadove called me while Sophia and I were on the way to the ER and told me to bring her to him. In the lobby of his clinic, he took a quick look at her and thought she'd be fine. Seriously, her only bad symptom was the fever as he asked us about everything else. She's eating some, drinking, voiding, sleeping (lots of this, actually, just in fits and starts), no sniffles, coughing, vomiting, or ear puss.

We don't know entirely what's causing the fever, but it could be a virus (which may have been mine to start with. Oops, sorry Sophia!) or it could be just the usual effects of anaestesia (a low grade fever is expected), or it could be her body still trying to get rid of the last remnants of ear infections while dealing with the trauma of surgery. Or it could be some combination of the 3! We will be keeping that fever down tonight! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Please pray for Sophia and for me. I still feel cruddy too. I know there are a lot of people praying for us and I am so thankful. Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment