Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sophia, are you ready? Here we come!




After a rough night of sleeping like dead people and then lying completely awake from 2-4am, we awoke to a sick Marcus! We think it was just traveler's adjustment as after about 3 hours he was up and going as usual. We got to take in the Great Wall this afternoon! It was "Amazingly huge" (Lauren), "Steep" (David), "Breathtaking" (me), and "Gigantic" (Marcus). This was a huge highlight for all of us. It is mind-boggling to imagine 4500 miles of this stone wall, built in mountains by hand. Truly a marvel.




Tonight we have an acrobatic show which all 4 of us are nearly too tired to stay awake for. Mostly, though, my stomach is all jumpy and weird. I don't think it's the Chinese food either. Tomorrow afternoon we get to meet our daughter. Tonight is the last night she will not have a family. Tomorrow, all the waiting will be done. I imagine I won't sleep much tonight.




We have a 5:30am call time. We have a flight from Beijing to Guangzhou and then we go to the hotel and then we get Sophia. Pray it all goes as it should.




Oh, we are so happy the Colts won today!

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what time it is there but I am thinking about your family and praying for you all. I am soooo excited for you to meet your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete