Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Starbucks Rendezvous With A Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sadove is sublimely kind. To ease my anxious heart, he suggested I come and see him for a moment in the hospital Starbucks (yes, this was one swanky hospital - only in Carmel, IN or maybe Beverly Hills). Not really a check up, but more of a see-if-we-need-a-check-up meeting. So, Sophia and I went to the Starbucks, looked at some books (as you should always do when in a coffee shop,) and met up with the good Doctor.

He wasn't worried about the hole in her above the lip area near as much as I thought he would be and said he thought it would come together in a couple of weeks. Phew! Now, I must say, Dr. Sadove is the most laid back, chill doctor I have ever met, so I wasn't entirely surprised. I do trust him very much as a doctor though, and I'm sure he would never give me false hope. So, we wait and keep cleaning it and hopefully get to watch God do His thing as He knits flesh with flesh over the next couple of weeks.

On a side note, baking gingersnaps is an excellent way to cope with stress. Lucky kids coming home from school! Spring Break is here, and I guess we are celebrating with hot gingersnaps! Wonderful. Keep praying for healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment