Sunday, February 7, 2010

Now that we're home

It still feels so very good to be home! It's been 6 days now and we are settling in to life as we knew it +1. In some ways, China seems forever ago and in others, it feels like we just got off the plane. Every time I think of the flight, I could weep for joy that it's over! Just today though, I was thinking about how much we enjoyed the food...I could go for some fried rice about now! I'll have to get creative in the kitchen.

So far, Sophia has been sleeping pretty good! We kind of can't believe it, but she generally goes down about 8:30 and gets up around 7. Can't complain! Lauren has moved back into her room for sleeping and that has gone pretty seamlessly. Sophia goes to bed with less than a minute of crying usually.

My Mom's In Touch group threw Sophia a surprise shower on Wednesday. Very sweet. Sophia did great, and I found out how much she enjoys being around other little kids! I have to get back into "playgroup" mode!

Sophia has been exploring the house quite adventurously. Mostly because I leave the room she happens to be in. She'll crawl anywhere to get to me! It's very cute when she comes around a corner, finds me, and smiles with delight.

She likes food now. She still isn't sure about the swallowing part, as some comes back out (sometimes it seems like there's more food in the "food goatee" then I put in to her mouth!) She loves banana puffs, all fruits, and cupcakes (check out the photo of her first cupcake experience!), and she doesn't love green beans.

Sophia had her first trip to Grace Community Church last night! She was a big fan of the music and sat calmly in my lap and rocked back and forth. She made her dad proud, because she actually found the beat!

Tonight we watched the Colts lose in the Super Bowl. Very sad for all the Roux's. Sophia cried at the end, but that may have been tiredness. Is football season really over? Not a happy way to end.

The rest of the family is doing pretty well. Lauren is a favorite of her little sisters, and Marcus loves to try to get Sophia to laugh. The kids and David and I were pretty much over jet lag by the time we were home from Minnesota, so we are sleeping at the right times and all that. Lauren and Marcus weren't overly thrilled to head back to school on Tuesday, but I actually think it was fun for them to see friends. They got to bring their classmates chopsticks and tell them a little about their trip, so that was enjoyable. Lauren's class actually brought their chopsticks to the lunch room to try them out! Lauren was giving lessons and her friends were impressed with her prowess.




No comments:

Post a Comment