Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Home-Sweet-Home

We've been home for almost 24 hours now. The thrill has not yet worn off! I am wishing that all of our things would miraculously find their place though. I was thinking I might get to some of that today while the kids are at school, but here it is almost 3pm and it isn't done! I wonder if that's how the days will go!?

Sophia likes to be in the same room as me. She actually crawled from the living room to the bedroom today, because I left her for a minute. She's a very efficient crawler when she is properly motivated. You should have seen her dash after the plate of cheesecake I left on the floor on Sunday at my parents. How did she know that cheesecake is that good? She seems to like it at home fine although she probably doesn't fully comprehend that this is really where we will land. We've tried to challenge her this past week with as many possible "homes" as we could. She's going to be one sharp cookie if she can figure this out!

My sister's wedding was lovely. The zythromax worked for the bronchitis and the imitrex killed the migrane I woke up with. I was drugged but happy and dressed and ready for photos by 11:30am. My sister is such a fun girl and she and Bevan planned a beautiful, unique, and fun wedding. David did a fantastic job giving the message and I didn't trip walking down the aisle. We actually held up rather well. I think it was God and adrenaline. Marcus hit a snag right after dinner, but a 15 minute power nap seemed to do it!

Sophia did just fine with the hoard of strangers who love her. She almost fell asleep in my mothers arms and ate mashed potatoes from Grandma Roux. Her only issue all weekend was this 2-4 hour period in the middle of the night when she wanted to play. She was all giggles and fun from midnight-3 most nights. Not so good for parents who could sleep through almost anything!

We arrived in Fishers at5 yesterday afternoon. Our community group brought supper and spent some time catching up with us. That was very refreshing and the soup was delicious too. So far, I've done 4 loads of laundry, not counting the 4 I did at my cousin Jenny and John Demmings in MN. They were fantastic hosts, by the way! Jenny even did some of my laundry! We've unpacked 5 suitcases and a very messy car. We've discovered that Sophia likes sweet potatoes and still hates cold medicine. She also had her first trip to the grocery store. She liked it, I think - at least she liked the taste of the cart. Our happiest news is that she slept from 10pm until 8am last night! It feels like we're settling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment