Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Travel Approval!

On Thursday of last week, we got word that our travel approval was enroute from China! This was only 2 days after our official referral paperwork was dropped off at the China Center for Adoption Affairs. It was official yesterday and we are rejoicing!

At first, they were saying we could go on Christmas Eve which was feeling a little quick and more than a little expensive. I can't imagine a more pricey time to fly! We were then given the option of going with a group on January 7 (yes, the very day we were hoping and praying for!). This group is not yet official, so that is really the only down side...the dates are not quite solid yet. We hope to know by Christmas for sure. Pray for other families to get travel approval so our group becomes large enough to be official. We only need 2 more families to get travel and we're set.

Oh, have we mentioned that we named her officially? Sophia Meilynn

Funny, yesterday I was tearing up as I held her little coat and a pair of baby girl socks. I think we might be ready! I even bought my first ever container of formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment